When is an EPS advised?
Electro Physiological Study is a study or test that maps the electrical conduction system in the heart.
An EPS is required
- To identify the underlying cause of symptoms thought to be a heart rhythm disturbance.
- To assess abnormally fast or slow heart beats.
- To assess the effectiveness of medications, which are taken to regulate a heart rhythm disturbance
- To check the functioning of devices such as an implantable defibrillator.
- To help answer some of the questions the doctor has about the patient’s electrical heart system in order to assist him in choosing the best treatment plan.