IMPLANTABLE CARDIOVERTER DEFIBRILLATOR (ICD)
When is an ICD implantation recommended?
ICD may be recommended for patients who have experienced any of the following:
- Previous heart attacks, with weakened functioning of the left ventricle that increases the risk of sudden cardiac death
- History of ventricular tachycardia (VT) or ventricular fibrillation (VF) that does not respond to antiarrhythmic medications or patients who cannot take antiarrhythmic medication for whatever reason.
- Coronary artery disease and may have an underlying arrhythmia
- Cardiac arrest – ICD use can lower the risk of sudden cardiac death in patients with heart failure by more than 20 percent
- Atrial fibrillation, when symptoms don’t respond to treatment with medications.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi is the First Hospital in India to be Internationally Accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI). It is one of the best multi-speciality tertiary acute care hospitals with over 700 beds in India and the most sought after destination in SAARC region for healthcare delivery.
Broward Health, providing service for more than 75 years, is a nationally recognized system in South Florida that offers world-class healthcare to all.
Hospital General de la Plaza de la Salud
Every year, thousands of individuals from all over the world travel to the Dominican Republic. Hospital General de la Plaza de la Salud understands there are needs of international travellers, international patients and a higher level of care desired domestically. HGPS International represents the present and future of healthcare in the Dominican Republic and the surrounding region. We deliver quality healthcare services throughout our medical complex and welcome new patients daily. We prioritize continuity of care when working with partners and ensure patients feel empowered to make the best care decisions possible.
Schneider Regional Medical Center
Schneider Regional Medical Center is a healthcare system comprised of three facilities operating with one vision: “To be the health care provider of choice to the residents of the Virgin Islands and the Caribbean.” Schneider Regional Medical Center is the umbrella entity for three U.S. Virgin Islands’ facilities.
With its close proximity and world-class healthcare, south Florida has been a preferred destination for patients from the Caribbean and Latin America seeking healthcare outside of their borders. As one of the largest healthcare networks in South Florida, Tenet Florida hospitals and outpatient centres are swiftly becoming a favoured choice for health services by international patients. Tenet Florida, a region of Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC), comprises nine acute care hospitals with ten sites of service throughout Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties.